The Associates Leadership Series is a membership training programme by the Museum of Architecture, designed specifically for the essential role of the Associate- or mid- level architects.
The programme provides leadership and business skills training for the Associates and also a platform to share experiences and insights.
About the MoA Associates Leadership Series
The MoA Associates Leadership Series is a membership-based group for the intermediate level staff in the architectural practice. It is an educational opportunity, including a training programme designed to connect Associates with knowledge and resources to better understand their own leadership style, and to improve their leadership capabilities in the role of the Associate.
Each session will include presentations and activities to introduce leadership, communication and business concepts to participants. It will also include discussion time to learn from each other’s experiences at different practices.
Limited to twenty participants. It is suited for associate-level individuals. To ensure appropriate representation, only up to three associates from a single practice could be enrolled.
Registration is now open for the second cohort, which will start 23 October 2019.
Programme schedule and outline
• 6 Associates sessions
• First session to be confirmed in Spring 2020
• Sessions held from 6:30 - 8:30pm at Build Studios, Waterloo
Session one - Leadership and you
- What is leadership and, importantly, how can you improve your leadership style?
Session two – Leadership for Learning
- How can your leadership promote learning and improving in your team and practice?
Session three – Leadership and team
- How can you navigate group dynamics to achieve team and project objectives?
Session four - Business Development
- What is business development and what role can associates play in their practice?
Session five - Communication
- How does one communicate for impact in written, verbal and visual channels?
Session six - Special Topic
- Determined based on the learning interests and goals of participants
Chair - Russell Pollard MBA, Principal of Framework Leadership
Russell specialises in leadership and talent development. He has worked with professional services businesses in Canada and the United Kingdom to improve their practices related to people and culture, with a focus on leadership learning and development.
He has spoken at conferences in the architecture and design industries, and facilitated workshops for professional associations in the areas of leadership, talent and marketing. Russell serves on the board of the Society of Marketing Professional Services, Ontario.
Russell has a Bachelor's in Interdisciplinary Leadership, Masters of Business Administration and is pursuing a Certificate in Leadership and Inclusion.
£500 + VAT per associate; maximum 3 associates per practice please