The Associates Leadership Series is a membership training programme by the Museum of Architecture, designed specifically for the essential role of the Associate- or mid- to senior level architects.
About the MoA Associates Leadership Series
The programme provides leadership and business skills training for the Associates and also a platform to share experiences and insights. It is an educational opportunity, including a training programme designed to connect Associates with knowledge and resources to better understand their own leadership style, and to improve their leadership capabilities in the role of the Associate.
Each session will include presentations and activities to introduce leadership, communication and business concepts to participants. It will also include discussion time to learn from each other’s experiences at different practices.
Limited to twenty participants. It is suited for associate-level individuals who are managing projects and teams. To ensure appropriate representation, only up to three associates from a single practice could be enrolled.
Registration is now open.
Programme schedule and outline
• 6 Associates sessions
• First session to be held on 3 March, 2020
• Sessions held from 6:30 - 8:30pm in Central London, location to be confirmed
Session one - Leadership and you
- What is leadership and, importantly, how can you improve your leadership style?
Session two – Leadership for Learning
- How can your leadership promote learning and improving in your team and practice?
Session three – Leadership and team
- How can you navigate group dynamics to achieve team and project objectives?
Session four - Business Development
- What is business development and what role can associates play in their practice?
Session five - Communication
- How does one communicate for impact in written, verbal and visual channels?
Session six - Special Topic
- Determined based on the learning interests and goals of participants
Chair - Russell Pollard MBA, Principal of Framework Leadership
Russell specialises in leadership and talent development. He has worked with professional services businesses in the United Kingdom and Canada to improve their practices related to people and culture, with a focus on leadership learning and development. He frequently speaks at conferences in the architecture and design industries, and facilitates workshops for professional associations in the areas of leadership, talent and marketing.
Russell has a Bachelor's in Interdisciplinary Leadership, Masters of Business Administration and has a Certificate in Leadership and Inclusion.
£600 + VAT per associate; maximum 3 associates per practice please