Session 1: 28 February 2019
Session 2: 7 March 2019
Venue: Build Studios, 203 Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7FR
Ticket: £125 + VAT
Lecturers: Tibbalds Planning and Urban Design
This 2-session workshop aims to provide architects with the skills they need to advise clients on how to steer schemes successfully through the planning system. Demystify the planning process, we will bringing you up-to-date with the latest developments and provide tips on how to win friends and influence planners, smoothing the way for securing planning permission. There will also be opportunities to discuss specific problems that you’re facing or explore niche issues.
The key points to be covered:
Session 1: Planning, the nuts and bolts
- The pros and cons of different types of applications: detailed, hybrid, outline
- Special situations – permission in principle, building on Metropolitan Open Land
- Key milestones in the process – how not to get delayed
Session 2: Winning friends and influencing planners
- Making the most of the pre-app process
- Consultation and engagement – how to make it effective
- Getting the right message across in the Design and Access Statement
About Tibbalds Planning and Urban Design
Tibbalds Planning and Urban Design does what it says on the tin: we’re a practice that brings design and planning together in one place. Our planners are design-focussed, and most are dual qualified in urban design and/or architecture. We have a strong reputation for a positive, collaborative approach to planning applications that gets the results that clients need. We like to work with excellent architects and deliver quality schemes that make great places.
This talk is kindly hosted by Build Studios.
Image credits: Tibbalds Planning and Urban Design